11 August 2007

Saturday in Lörrach

After a heavy day at school yesterday, several of the staff took off to Lörrach, which is about 10 minutes away by train from Weil am Rhein and about twice the size. Lörrach has a good sized pedestrian area for shopping - Delynn must have passed 3 or 4 yarn shops in the area (oh, the excitement! I could barely contain myself :-)

On Saturday, they hold a quite nice market in a square - I got a few pictures and thought you might enjoy them. One is of a very sweet lady selling flowers, spices and tomatoes. A view of the flowers available and the ever present buskers (I don't know the German term for them). Right before this picture they were singing "Sweet Home Alabama". A woman working in the stall near these guys came up to them and told them something - I think it had to do with the singing interfering with her ability to talk to her customers, so they just did instrumentals. (busy market)


The weather is finally turning sunny this evening. Definitely helps our cloths dryer work better... I wanted to wear a fleece jacket under my rain gear, but it is in one of our boxes that we shipped - we are trying to keep from opening the boxes until we get to our new place next month. We will see how well that goes.

Even with all the good stories here, there continue to be some tears as we progress through our transition. We so much appreciate the gracious prayers that we know are given on our behalf. Please be in prayer for our school as we prepare for open house this Thursday - we get an opportunity to meet our student's parents.

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

Ah, yes - the tears come and go - but you guys are weathering the storm well! Sounds like you are learning so much about everything - bet your brains are on overload!!! Tonight I was having some nostalgia... missing OPB - those late night British shows I used to watch while I stayed up doing the laundry on Saturday nights... sigh... but there are so many good and new things I wouldn't trade just for BBC - besides, a friend is helping to assuage the sadness by loaning me her BBC Charles Dickens collection.

Leilani said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have been busy! I so much enjoy reading your blogs though, I feel like I'm right there with you guys. Even though Bry and I only moved across the country last year, I still know what it feels like to make it through the tears in a new land! :) Miss you guys!