28 August 2007

Carl is now Ned!

For all of you who know my really good friend Carl Wilson or have been praying for him through our prayer requests to our church family, I have wonderful news. He had his CT scan just this morning (Pacific time) and he has no evidence of metastatic disease! As you know, they discovered that he had stage 4 colon cancer just about a year ago. What you may not know is that survivability is incredibly low - less than 10% if I recall correctly (Carl: you can correct me if I am miss stating the facts). Anyway, the current term for remission in medical parlance is "No Evidence of Disease"or NED. So, after all those years of my carpool buddies calling me Ned Flanders, we now find out that it is Carl who is NED - and I couldn't be happier!!

We are jumping for joy and giving the thanks and glory to God for seeing Carl, Heather, Paige and Hannah through this chapter. Please keep up your prayers it takes 4+ more years of being called Ned before you can be called something else: Cured.

No comments: