13 July 2007

Last day at Intel




It is with very mixed emotions that I wrap up my last day at Intel. While Delynn and I are very excited about going to Germany, I also have to say that leaving my colleagues after 14+ years here is tough. It has been a great ride with a great company however, we are called to serve in Germany and there is no better place to be but where God calls. I'm already planning my lunch for next summer when we come back to the NW in July. I pared down all of my worldly Intel possessions to about 1/2 a box of awards and gave the rest away. There is something freeing about giving away stuff. I am going to so miss the carpool. I have had significant quality time with Carl and Kerry during those 2 to 3 hours a day, every day, week after week, month after month, year after year - what do they say, "It's not the years that make you old, it's the mileage..." I figure I have commuted about 7000 hours over the last dozen years from Vancouver. Hmmm - maybe I won't miss the carpool, but I will miss the friends. As a good friend of mine said: "I am one lucky guy!" Here's to leaping ahead.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish Delynn and you all the best in Germany. Hope you have a great time. We are going to miss you here :(. Keep in touch and keep blogging!

-Venkat